TorchLight is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to provide overall leadership to the effective management of a inbound and outbound not for profit community support contact centre. TorchLight provides services to meet the emotional and mental health needs of a variety of demographic groups in the Wellington and Dufferin communities. Our trained volunteers engage in Solution Focused conversation through anonymous, non-judgemental listening, to provide emotional support to all callers and where requested referral to appropriate community resources. Torchlight offers no fee access to our resources via self-referral or community referral.
The Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordination and oversight of Torchlight in matters related to the scheduling of volunteer activities. Resource allocation must ensure adequate skills, capabilities and capacity available to meet our service commitments. This role is Guelph based. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- Resource scheduling to ensure adequate contact volume coverage across all service offerings.
- Monitoring operational metrics to ensure appropriate prioritization and optimization of available resources.
- Ensure technology is available and operational to support agency activities.
- Oversight of general administration of office activities to ensure volunteers and staff have access to resources necessary to create a safe and effective operational environment.
- On- Call and other duties as required.
- Supporting activities to ensure a strong culture of empowered and accountable volunteerism that is integrated with tactical and strategic organizational tenants.
- Create opportunities for open volunteer dialogue to ensure transparency of goals and objectives.
- Supervision and development of volunteers to ensure engagement and accountability through mentoring, influencing and coaching.
- Deploying strategies that will ensure a robust pipeline of skilled resources are available to support operational activities including: supporting recruitment activities, talent on-boarding and training, retention activities and skill set succession planning.
- Enabling training and practice opportunities for the reinforcement of staff and volunteer skills and competencies in response to the organizational needs as they present.
- Act as liaison between volunteers and board to ensure alignment of goals and operational activities.
- Participate in community engagement activities on behalf of TorchLight to leverage volunteer recruitment and service awareness opportunities.
- Support board in development and deployment of strategic opportunities to ensure the sustainability of TorchLight as a community resource (e.g. grant writing, operational metrics, fundraising opportunities, etc).
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in non-profit or contact centre operations.
- Degree or diploma in social services/science, social work or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of direct and indirect reports or volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence stakeholders through formal and informal dialogue and verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker. Effective decision making, negotiating, and problem solving skills. Ability to effectively manage and meet deliverables for multiple competing priorities on time.
- Demonstrated initiative, perseverance, enthusiasm and agility. Willingness to investigate and pilot strategies to diversify service delivery that is most meaningful to target audiences and adjust as necessary.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft suite of Office productivity software and working knowledge of bookkeeping software. Experience with telephony management and contact centre software systems an asset.
- Training in solution-focused conversation an asset.
- Second language considered an asset.
- Clear police check and Vulnerable Sector Screen
Job Type: 1 year contract
Salary: $41, 000.00/year
Apply by: December 16, 2016 – 4:30pm
Apply: Recruitment Committee