TorchLight undertook to reinforce, enhance and enrich the scope of our delivery of service; to look at the complexity of needs of our callers and members (people who register to receive a daily call); to shape and implement excellence in our approach to supporting people, with respect and authenticity, in a non‐judgmental and safe environment. To this end, we communicated directly with selected members.
MEMBERS DESCRIBE OUR SERVICES AS:
- An offering
- A lifeline
- Lighting a path in the dark
- Real conversation
- Strategies for grounding and getting present in your life
- A resource when you have nowhere else to go or when you can’t access other supports (friends/community workers)
- A community unto itself
This year, we undertook to delve deep into the value and benefits of our services and to look toward a bright future for our agency and for the people we support!
At TorchLight, we recognized that our “Call‐Out” service had become a model for success that was being demonstrated by:
- High levels of member achievement in personal goals
- Strong volunteer participation
- Strengthened prevention measures in members’ safety and wellbeing
- Comparatively low operational costs
- Potential to be equally successful if promoted and offered to other service providers.
- The service provides genuine engagement and accessibility
- The staff and volunteers are able to actively listen while naturally integrating a variety of tools to support the member in becoming grounded and focused on their next steps.
- The presence of authentic conversation and genuine interest in the outcome transforms the call into a meaningful exchange that leaves members feeling supported, connected and present in their own lives.
- The calls focus on exploring ‘resilience’, support ‘and self‐direction’.
We Believe in the Relationship between Self‐Direction and “RECOVERY”
- At TorchLight ‘Self – direction’ and ‘Recovery’ are viewed as synonymous. Recovery involves someone identifying their goals and determining their unique path.
- All TorchLight programs (call –in & call‐out) support the individual in determining their own choices, exploring their options and connecting with resources to support the process.
- Just as Recovery incorporates all aspects of our life, mind, body and spirit – so must one give consideration to the impact of all those variables when striving toward wellness.
- Volunteers support exploring family, community connections & supports, employment, creativity, recreation, housing and much more and by so doing can engage members in accessing meaningful supports which impact the ability to remain balanced and connected.
Our Message & Service is Far Reaching
We view our service as being far reaching with a message that creates a ‘ripple effect’ and encourages and demonstrates:
- Emotional Well‐being
- You are not alone – we are here with you
- A life well lived
- You are heard – we are listening
- We are mindful of your safety and security
We are proud of our continuing and expanding legacy of caring. It is the essence of our commitment to our members and callers.